February 7, 2012

Cocktailing...products that is.

cocktailing products is one of my favorite things to do for just about anyone's hair. 
one tricky thing about this is that you have to understand your product well enough to know how much is "too much".  by mixing products I find that I get a great look and it's just a bit quicker to do a few steps at once.

here are a few of my personal favorite combo's below:



+

=
gives my hair a little hold while still being able to move,
but takes care of the frizzy ends I get at times.  I like to put this in dry after I've flat ironed or blown out my hair just to give it a finished look.




+

=

I live in the desert, so I like to use products that help fight the dryness for both my hair and skin...quencing is my go to for hydration, but the purple shampoo and conditioner are what help keep my hair bright and bloned. 
when using color shampoo's and conditinoners you have to use the conditioner
(I mix with my quenching conditioner usually) that way your cuticle is sealed and the color is locked in until your next shampoo.



+

=

shine has sunflower oil in it and is super potent, so you don't need much.  I spritz one spray on my hand and then add styling creme which is a great heat protectant to put on towel dried hair before putting a blow dryer to your hair.  by combining you'll see your hair get shinier as you dry it which I love to see. 

hope you took some cool tips and tricks...what do you like to cocktail together at home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment